Looking to help? Read here:

People have asked how they can be of help to us, so I thought I'd list some ideas out here. Most everyone has been so incredible (yep, I said most; some friends have disappeared, but those of you reading this -- incredible). People surprise me every day with kindness shown. It's phenomenal.

There are some specific things that we could use. Some more than others. Yes, I know it's been three years for me and two for hubby, but neither of our illnesses is going to go away until we die. Our health is going to do nothing but deteriorate; neither of us is going to get better. It's incredibly difficult, having changed so much. So much that neither of us can do anymore, or do well. We both move so much slower now than we did even last year. We have to sit and rest constantly during chores.

We've applied with Rebuilding Charles County/Christmas in April for assistance, but I'm really not clear on exactly what they're going to do for us. I believe that they will help us "Clean Sweep" the garage, and fix up the ramp that Jimmy installed there. They may or may not help us replace some of the backyard fence railing pieces that need replacing. They may or may not help us patch the five holes in the ceilings throughout the house. They will not help us take the wallpaper down (that is partially down) and paint in it's place. The last time I spoke with the woman who came out to look at the house, she said that we are approved, but they're still looking for a project manager. I guess we'll hear from them again as April draws closer.

So, here's the list. Judge if you must, but please do so so that we don't hear about it. This is hard enough as it is.

  • If you are, or know of a drywall person, we have the aforementioned five holes throughout the ceilings in the house. They're not huge, but there are pipes showing through.
  • Painting interior walls. I know, not really high on the priority list, but I thought I'd put it out there. I would really love a new color in my bedroom, and in the living room. An extravagance, but on my wish list.
  • Wallpaper removal and subsequent painting of said walls.
  • Leaf removal from back yard.
  • General housecleaning (sweeping/mopping/vacuuming).
  • Curtain hanging; our living room curtains.
  • Plumbing help -- refrigerator is leaking.
  • Interior decorating help for the living room. I'm not gonna lie; I've always been horrendous with this. Any ideas are most welcome. I would love to make our house look homey.
  • Christmas is upon us. I promise you that we do very little in the way of gifts these days. We would like to give the boys a few nice things this year. Credit card bills are piling up, as our flex spending account was maxed out in September. Cash, gift cards (amazon, BJ's, Giant, WalMart). If you're so inclined, I've found that paypal is the only avenue (that I know of) that does not take a percentage of the donation. Our paypal link is: https://paypal.me/tammycancerhelp. I also still have the GoFundMe page at: GoFundMe. I thought about us trying to be one of those families who get adopted for Christmas this year, but I just don't know who to ask about it, and now it's too late.
  • Rides to and/or from medical appointments. There's a calendar set up here: https://my.lotsahelpinghands.com/community/tammysvillage.
  • Understanding when I/we don't respond to your messages or calls right away. We're just so damned tired all the time.
Yes, we have two young adult men in the home. Yes, they help out quite a lot, with what they can. There are some things they, frankly, can't do very well either. 😉

This is all I can think of at the moment. I know it seems as though I ask for help often. Please know that I wouldn't if I didn't really need it. I do pay it forward as I can. I thank you all for everything that you have already done for us, and I am so sorry that I sound so damned needy all the time.

I hope for a wonderful holiday season for you all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃