A Day in the (Cancer) Life in Pictures -- Scan Day

Today I left my house at 6:45am.  I wanted to make sure I had enough time to allow for traffic, and parking in the hospital garage.  Arriving around 8:15, I made it there with time to spare.  Here's how the day went:

First stop: Ground Bles Infusion Center for port access.



Next stop:  Nuclear Medicine for Bone Scan injection.




Next it's Radiology for CT Scan.



I practiced walking up and down the ramp a few times.




I had time here for lunch, but I forgot to take a picture.


Then it was back to Nuclear Medicine for the Bone Scan.





Last procedure of the day was at Cardiac Testing for an echocardiogram.



Last stop of the day was back to Ground Bles Infusion Center to have the port de-accessed.



Stopped at the coffee shop for a treat (and some caffeine) for the ride home.  Here I'm in the garage waiting for the van to be brought around.


And, 4pm I'm leaving the hospital headed home.

Traffic....


Finally arrived back home at 6:15.  Yes, it took me over two hours to get home.  That's 11 1/2 hours total time.  Whew....

When I arrived this morning, I turned on my MapMyWalk app, and turned it off when I was ready to leave.  I paused it when I reached each destination and restarted when I left to go to the next one, but I didn't think to pause it for elevator waits.  Here's the screenshot.  I don't think it tracked everything.  I turned it on just before I walked into the building, paused at every appointment, and turned it off just before leaving the building.  So, the start and stop point should be much closer together.  And I'm totally not buying that it was only .15 mile, especially for 2957 steps.  There must be spots inside the hospital where it didn't register.  I'll try it again next time to see how it goes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃