Gym -- Week 6 recap

Monday -- Training session with Julie today.  We repeated last Monday's exercises, some with a little change.  The weights were upped on a few, the bar was added to the step-ups (see pic on right), and minor adjustments made on others.  It was great.  It always feels good after a workout.  I didn't walk on the treadmill or ride the recumbent bike beforehand this time; I waited until after.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, using the Couch 2 5K app, which was great with having my heart rate go back and forth from 104 at the lowest to 117 at the highest.  I then did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, taking Julie's advice and using the random hill setting.  I'd never done it before because I thought it would be too hard.  I'm so glad I listen to Julie's advice.  It was doable, and I'll do it again.


Tuesday -- Today I had two appointments, spread out, so I didn't get any kind of exercising done.  Back to the gym tomorrow morning.


Wednesday -- Training session with Julie today.  Kicked my butt ... but in a good way.  Afterwards, I did the C25K for 30 minutes on the treadmill, then the random hill program on the bike for 30 minutes.  Walked out exhausted, but feeling great.



Thursday --  OMG you're not going to believe today!  I had some professional development for work, so was at the school I work at bright and early.  Guess what I did?!  I walked up and down the stairs (there are 21 stairs on the staircase I walked) -- twice!  Can you believe it?!  Also, I wanted to gauge how I would do going to the gym after work when school starts back up, so I went after the professional development.  I only managed 35 minutes on the bike (C25K 2.0-2.4mph 30 mins; 2.2mph 5 mins) and 20 minutes on the bike (random hill program).  Usually on my non strength training days I do an hour on each.  I learned from this that I am much better getting my workout in first thing in the morning.  I won't be able to do that when school starts back up (I have to be at work at 7:40am), but going after work for a short amount of time is better than not going at all.  I'm still working on my stamina; it will come in time.


Friday -- Rest day.


Saturday --  Unintentional rest day.  Low tire on the van so didn't get to the gym in the morning.  By the time I got all my chores and errands done, I was done.  Back at it bright and early tomorrow morning.


Sunday --  After not sleeping well, and being woken up at 5am by a dog wanting his breakfast, I really didn't want to go today.  After I fed the dog at 5:00, I considered staying up and getting to the gym when they open, which on Sundays is 7:00am.  I opted to sleep a few more hours and finally got up after 8am.  Sluggish today, but having already taken two days off, I pushed myself to go.  When I started this, I told myself that I would treat it as my summer job ... so just like going to work on days you really don't feel up to it, I went to the gym.  I got in 60 minutes on the recumbent bike (no hills today) and 50 minutes on the treadmill, at a steady 2.2mph.  Feeling good!


Monday morning weigh-in shows a 3.5lb loss, 8.5lbs overall.  I'm taking this 3.5 pounds as over two weeks, as last week was treatment week and I've always seen a slight weight gain during those weeks.  8.5lbs in six weeks.  Not too shabby!  I seriously need to keep this up!  My weight goal is to be under 200 pounds.  I haven't been under 200 pounds since before I was pregnant with my almost 22 year old.  I'm 12 pounds away from that!

Non-scale victories
-- I helped carry the groceries in from the car!
-- I walked up and down the stairs at work -- twice!
-- Someone said to me, "...and it looks like you're slimming down, too."
-- I can cross my legs ... not for any length of time, but it's a start!
-- It's easier for me to tie my shoes now; that means my belly must have gotten a bit smaller.  😂


Read next:  Gym -- Week 7 Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃