If You Give a Patient a Ride to the Hospital....


If you give a patient a ride to the hospital, you'll have to give her a ride in a wheelchair from the car to the building.

If you give a patient a ride in a wheelchair from the car to the building, you'll have to help her sign in at the front desk in the ER.

If you help her sign in at the front desk in the ER, you'll have to go back with her to the cubicle and help her into bed.

If you help her into bed, you'll have to stay with her while --

-- the doctor comes in and talks to her, asks her questions, does an exam, orders a CT scan, Zofran, and Morphine,

-- the nurse accesses her port,

-- the nurse draws blood,

-- the nurse administers Zofran and then Morphine,

-- the nurse brings her a blanket straight from the blanket warmer,

-- the transporter wheels her bed to Radiology where she gets a CT scan, then back to the cubicle,

-- the doctor comes back with the results,

-- the nurse de-accesses her port and brings her discharge papers along with prescriptions.

If you stay with her while all this happens, you have to walk her out to the car.

If you walk her out to the car, you have to give her a ride home.

If you give her a ride home, you have to tuck her in to bed.

If you tuck her in to bed, you have to let her sleep half the day away.

If you let her sleep half the day away, this puts a huge monkey wrench in getting your house ready for pictures to put on the real estate site before Monday morning.  

Dammit.  How are we going to be ready in time?!

~~~~~~~

Yesterday evening I had severe nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, back pain.  After a few hours and it did not abate, and after consultation with my own resident EMT (my soon to be 23 year old son, Jimmy) , David drove me to the local hospital.  Jimmy (husband this time, not son) stayed with me the whole time, even in all of the pain that he's been in.  Doctor seems to think that gallstones are starting to bother me, and gave me a referral to a general surgeon.  I will discuss with my oncologist first before I do any kind of surgery.  It seems I also have three bulging discs in my back.  We got back home around 5:30 this morning, and I slept until after 1pm.  I just ate a bit of chicken noodle soup and some toast.  Back is starting to hurt again.  David drove Jimmy (husband) to CVS to drop off my prescriptions; Jimmy (son) went back to pick them up when they were ready. Thank goodness for pain meds, and for my boys.  We have been busting our butts getting this house ready to go on the market.  Our deadline is Monday morning, and I just took a day away from us being able to get it ready.  Most of it is done, but there is still a bit to do.  Pictures will be taken Tuesday or Wednesday.  Ugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃