Shopping by Myself

I went to BJ's this morning.  By myself.  Just like everybody else.  It's been almost a year since I've done any kind of shopping alone.  So, even though it's an everyday thing for most people, and used to be commonplace for me, it was unusual.  You may remember from my previous blog post that my best times are in the morning.  Since it's Spring Break and I work at a school, this Thursday morning did not have me expending all of my energy at work, as is usual for a weekday.  So, I decided that I wanted to surprise the boys by going and buying Easter dinner, and some things for Easter baskets.  I bought a small ham and some side dishes, along with some Easter candy.  They didn't have much in the way of chocolate bunnies, though.  I did buy a cute little flower filled basket to put on the kitchen table.  I also bought something for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow morning I just might go to CVS by myself to pick up my prescription and buy some more things for the Easter baskets.  I'm sure they have a plethora of chocolate bunnies there.

So, I went to BJ's, I put everything away, I made a sandwich for lunch.  Normal stuff, right?  Yes.  Yes.  :)  This is the normal stuff that the boys have been helping me with for a year.  I'm tired and sore, but pleased.  Pleased that I hopefully have eased the burden from the shoulders of my husband and my 18 year old just a little -- they don't have to worry about Easter shopping. 

Now, it's rest time -- time for some knitting, Diagnosis Murder, and maybe a nap.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃