Gym -- Week 7 Recap

Monday -- 8:00am appointment with Julie at the gym.  I didn't get much sleep last night, so I didn't think I would hold up well.  I feel great afterwards -- still tired, but great.  A few adjustments were made; we're always stepping up the game as my body can handle it.  What really impressed me and had my eyes watering today was the step ups.  Last time, I used a step (like they use in fitness classes) and the 15 pound bar was added across the back of my shoulders.  Today I did the same thing, but instead of that same step, I used a step that is 12" high, the equivalent (I think) of two standards steps on stairs.  (See the bottom left of the collage below.)  I'm told that this is the height everyone does these.  Wow.  To be able to do things like everybody else.  Amazing.  Especially since I haven't stepped up/down curbs or stairs without assistance in the past four years.



Tuesday -- Today was an all-day-at-the-hospital day for routine scans.  I did turn on my MapMyWalk app when I got to the hospital, paused it at every appointment, and turned it off as I was ready to leave the hospital.  I think there must be some spots inside the hospital where it didn't register, because no way was it only .15 miles ... and the start and end points should be closer together.  I'll try it again next time I'm there in three weeks.  Here's the screenshot from today:



Wednesday --  After yesterday, I was feeling slightly queasy this morning, and very tired.  I thought my planned workout would do the trick.  It did.  I think I would have felt worse had I not gone.  I got my usual workout in with Julie, which always is a good time, then 60 minutes on the bike (flat, no hill program) and 50 minutes on the treadmill (flat, no incline; also no interval; steady 2.2mph pace).


Thursday -- Dental appointment today.  I didn't want to be so tired in the afternoon that I couldn't make the drive, so I folded laundry today.


Friday -- Workout with Julie.  We chatted, and the time just flew!  It was over before I knew it!  I also did 30 minutes on the bike, with the hill program, and 30 minutes on the treadmill, at a steady pace.  I upped the pace to 2.3mph, but only lasted 10 minutes; I did the last 20 minutes at 2.2mph.


Saturday -- Today's energy was spend doing household chores.  Laundry has been folded and put away, the kitchen floor (even under the refrigerator) is clean.  Rests were taken frequently, but I got shit done!


Sunday --  Rest day.


Monday morning weigh-in [no weigh-in this week]

Non-scale victories
-- The leggings I wear to the gym were noticeably looser on Monday morning.
-- My belly doesn't stick out past my boobs anymore.
-- I'm not so tired on non-gym days.
-- Shirts are fitting slightly looser.


Read next:  Gym -- Week 8 Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

It's Time for the Pall of Death to Move to the Back of the Bus