Gym -- December 2019 Recap

I don't have much this month.  I decided to stop tracking everything as it would feel more like I've incorporated exercise and healthy eating into my daily life.  That didn't work out so well.  Although I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any, either.  Clothes haven't gone down since last time I told you they did, either.

December was a difficult month.  My husband's back pain (not related to Parkinson's) has gotten worse.  So, the tables have turned, and I am taking on more around the house.  I credit my time at the gym, and Julie's confidence in my abilities, with becoming stronger to become my husband's caregiver.  Although, some days neither of us can get it together, which ends up being comical, but really sad when you think about it; once or twice we've both been too tired to pull even cereal and milk together for dinner so went to bed having not had dinner.

So, here's to January.  January will be difficult, as I continue to try to become stronger, physically and emotionally, and because of this: Why I Was Happy to Wake Up This Morning.  I pushed myself to get out of the house today and walked for an hour.  Outside.  In January.  It was warmer than it should have been at this time of year, but a bit chilly with the wind.  It was nice.  Then my husband and I went out to dinner for a much needed (rare) date.  We had been given gift cards to Carrabba's and Outback for Christmas.  The gift cards are interchangeable.  We opted to go to Carrabba's, and it was fabulous.  The food was amazing, as was the service.  If you ever venture to the Carrabba's in Waldorf, ask for a table in Robin's section.  She was fabulous.

I think that part of my slacking off has been that I've completed all of my original goals.  My next goal was to walk on the treadmill without holding on.  Done.  So now, my new goal will be to exercise is some form for at least thirty minutes a day, shooting for sixty minutes.  I'm working with Julie once per week now, so my other goal is to get in to the gym and do a weight training session by myself.  Help me to push myself to do that, my friends.  Also, I will track my exercise.  I may not publish an update once a month anymore, but I will log it all in, possibly on my calendar instead of here.

Bitmoji ImageThank you all so much for your support.  I'm five and half months in now, and looking forward to seeing how I'll be at the year mark in mid-June.  Can you believe I used a walker for two years?!  I seriously feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here, every time I'm lifting weights, and walking up stairs.  I can walk up stairs!


 .







Read next:  January 2020 Recap

Comments

  1. Congratulations on all you've accomplished in 2019 and will do in 2020. My prayer for you, Jimmy and the boys. XO Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃