Scanxiety

Scanxiety is the anxiety that builds up before a medical test, and even more while awaiting the results of said test.

Last Friday, I had a routine every-three-month CT scan, and a routine every-six-month bone scan. They're keeping an eye to make sure those pesky cancer cells don't get bigger and/or appear anywhere else. I haven't heard from my doctor, and I'm in the no-news-is-good-news camp. That being said, scanxiety is a very real thing. Until I hear good news from my doctor or see it on the report, there's always that little voice in the back of my head....

So yesterday while I was receiving my regular treatment, I asked the nurse to print out the reports for me.  Here's the bottom line:

CT Scan results:
 




CT Scan results looking at the lung mets we're keeping an eye on:





Bone Scan results:





Needless to say, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I read the reports.  I'm good for another three months.  😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃