Gym -- Week 12 Recap

This week's entries look a little sparse.  That's because I'm working out after working a full day, and not necessarily updating immediately after as I have all summer.  Since my diagnosis, I either worked a full day or exercised.  This week I am doing both.  Most days I'm just too tired to sit at the computer and update what I did that day, so some of this is coming from memory.  Thank goodness for Julie's pictures! 

Monday -- Strength training session with Julie at the gym in the morning.  Used muscles I've never used before!


Tuesday --  Helping with the buses on this first day of school for students, I got in 2747 steps.  I stayed after work and walked for an hour.  I ended up with 11,212 steps for the day.  Got home exhausted!


Wednesday --  Walked after work again, for about 50 minutes.  As of 5:45pm, 7234 steps, and climbing into bed.


Thursday -- Strength training session with Julie.  Feeling great!


Friday --  Walked after work again, outside this time.  Beautiful day!  I ended up with 13,062 steps for the day!




Saturday --  Treatment day.  No exercising.


Sunday -- In bed from the time I got home yesterday until, well, all day.



Monday morning weigh-in shows a 0.5 loss for the week, making it 12.75 lost overall.  I was expecting either a gain or no loss this week because of treatment two days ago, so I'm happy with the half pound loss.

Non-scale victories
-- Tuesday, first day of school for students; I'm helping with buses in the morning.
    Co-worker:  "Good to see you out here, Ms. Payne."
    Me:  "It's great that I can do this now; I can walk up the steps of the bus!"
    Co-worker:  "You know, I tell this to other teachers who complain.  'Look at Ms. Payne; she's here every day, and she doesn't complain.' I tell this to especially the young teachers who complain.  I admire your fortitude."
-- Wore a dress to work.  First time since I've started with the school system 12 years ago.
-- Co-worker:  "I like the new look!"


Read next:  Week 13 Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃