Gym -- Week 13 Recap

Monday -- Staff meeting after school + still recovering/exhausted/not feeling well from Saturday's treatment = rest day.  My step count for the day was 3589, which is average for a workday.


Tuesday -- I didn't count my steps at work today because I wore a dress (no pockets).  After work, I had a session at the gym with Julie.  Walked out feeling great!



Wednesday -- I got sick at work today and had to leave early, so no exercising.  😌


Thursday -- Stayed home sick again.


Friday -- Home sick again.  Last Saturday was the loading dose of a medicine I hadn't been on since April.  It's kicking my butt!  Felt well enough in the afternoon to sit up in bed for the rest of the day.


Saturday --  Felt so much better this morning.  I had a session at the gym with Julie, a new workout.  It was fun!  The exercises were hard, but satisfying.  Check out this video!  I've watched people on this machine and no way did I ever thought I'd be able to climb on it, much less actually use it!





Sunday --  Today was spent doing housework.  I haven't done much housework in the past four and a half years, so I do count it as exercising because I'm expending my limited energy.  It feels amazing to be able to do it!



Monday morning weigh-in shows a 0.75 loss for the week, making it 13.5 pounds lost overall.  Frankly, after spending two and a half days in bed, I was expecting a gain.  So, I'm happy with the loss.

Non-scale victories
-- My knees.  Neuropathy is there, too, not just my hands and feet.  So much that when I kneel, it's very painful.  This week, I kneeled on the floor (not a mat) at the gym, and realized the pain was cut in half.  Amazing!
-- The look on my friend/co-worker's face when he saw me on one particular machine.  I'm sure I had the same surprised and in awe look on my face.  I've watched people on that machine and thought I'd never be able to climb onto it, much less use it.
--  The friend who told me that other people, not facing my obstacles, are sitting home on the couch, and that I should be proud of myself.  Thanks, Shannon.  😊
-- When I rubbed my left arm (the one I haven't used in four years since the mastectomy) and felt a muscle.  Wow!
-- The cashier at Kohl's, when I was buying new shoes to work out in because I wore the old (and I mean old) ones out (can't beat the sale price + 30% off!).  When she said I was an enjoyable customer, happy, smiling, I told her my story and why I needed the shoes.  She also said that I should be proud of myself.


This leads me to a question.  Why is it so hard for us to be proud of ourselves?  We tell our children constantly how proud we are of them.  Why, then, does it sound like I'm bragging about myself if I say that I'm proud of myself?  Hmm....  We, as a society, need to work on that.


Read next:  Week 14 Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃