Gym -- Week 15 Recap

Monday --  Still recovering from being out most of the day on Saturday, and having dinner plans with my boys and my sisters-in-law tonight, no exercising happened today.


Tuesday -- I stayed after work today to walk before my scheduled yoga class.  I walked for about 45 minutes.  The yoga instructor, however, forgot about class.


Wednesday -- I walked for 30 minutes after school, then went to the gym for a session with Julie.  She added some things to make the exercises more challenging.  It was tough, but wonderful.



Thursday -- Today was treatment day in addition to a mammogram appointment, so I didn't do any exercising.
*Mammogram came out fine.



Friday -- I walked after work for about an hour today.


Saturday -- It's 11:41am, and I'm just back home from the gym.  I had a session with Julie, which was wonderful.  Then I walked on the treadmill for about an hour, and got on the recumbent bike for about ten minutes.  I haven't been on the treadmill or the bike there for quite some time.  It felt really, really good.

Have I told you lately how much I love this gym?!  These people are, quite simply, amazing.  Julie, Amber, Erin, Gordon, and everyone else there.  To be greeted with a smile every time you walk in, a "Have a nice day" as you walk out, and everything else in between.  I literally cried while walking on the treadmill this morning.  They're not there just as a business, just to take your money -- they're there to help you to succeed, to cheer you on with your successes.  I would not have made such strides without them, most especially Julie.  The confidence she has in me boggles my mind.  She celebrates my victories with me.  It's a beautiful thing.



Sunday --  Today I attended a family reunion, so no exercising.



Monday morning weigh-in shows a 2lb loss for the week, making it 14.5lb lost overall.

Non-scale victories
-- The hospital gown that used to not close, closes!  I don't have to ask for a bigger gown anymore!  (see photo above)
-- I showed the video of me on the pull-up machine and the picture of me dancing at the wedding to my oncologist.  She said that she is very impressed with my accomplishments.
-- My infusion nurse said that I have a glow about me.


Today is the last day of September.  I've been able to implement these healthier habits into my daily life.  I'm not perfect, by any means; it's a struggle, but I'm getting it done.  I'm choosing water instead of soda, chicken instead of beef, etc.  I've cut down on the coffee (sugar) and chocolate.  I'm walking more; I enjoy my sessions with Julie at the gym.  That being said, this ends the 15th week.  Because things are becoming habit and routine, I will in the future slow down to monthly updates.  I will post pictures periodically on my facebook page here.  I thank you all for continue to support me with this, and celebrating with me.


Read next:  October 2019 Recap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How Do You Do It?!"

Thanksgiving 🦃